Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ch. 25


Mom loved my new style. She said it definitely screamed me. She just hoped i wouldn't lose myself in the process by trying to get some guy. I told her that i couldn't help it. Something about Beckett just said "home" to me. She looked at me and said what? I told her i know it sounds stupid.

MOM: Roxie get some sleep honey, you and i will talk over the weekend.

ME: Umm, ok?

I was a bit nervous, i prayed to berry she wasn't going to give me the birds and the bees speech. We already learned that at school.

That night i couldn't sleep, what did mom want to talk about.



Did she find out that Beckett was older than me, and in college? Oh berry, this wasn't going to go well.

Finally the weekend rolled around, i was soo anxious to hear what mom wanted to say, i wanted this conversation over with.

MOM: Roxie, honey lets go out by the pool to get some peace and quiet and then we can talk.

ME: ok mom.

As i walked outside i had so many things running through my mind, not really sure if i was prepared for this.

ME: Ok mom, whats up?

MOM: Roxie, you know how i told you about our legacy and how we have to marry a berry in order to reach our destinies?

ME: Yes?



MOM: Well, theres more to it than that. You see when our species was created we were created in twos.

ME: Twos?

MOM: Yes, in twos. We each have a half that compliments us. We are implanted with thier destinies at birth, but so that we don't complicate things it is erased once we reach the age of 13. It is done that way so we can live happy normal teenage lives. We won't remember who they are until we meet them, and even then we still wont remember. Its as simple as a glance, or a feeling about a person, that we used to know them but we can't remember where.



ME: Wait..but do they know too? I mean Beckett isn't exactly from where we come from, so how would he know.

MOM: For someone who isn't where we are from, they do not know at first glance. For them it takes a bit more to awaken thier dormant memories of us.

ME: What do you mean a bit more?

MOM: For them, they will have to kiss you.

ME: Mom, thats great!! I can't wait i have to find Beckett...

MOM: Honey, wait. There is a cautionary side...



ME: Wait? Why? What could be dangerous about it?

MOM: Once both of your memories awaken, the people that have been looking for us will know. They have a device that glows when a power awakens, and when it dies. In this case, the awakening power will be you and Beckett. You must understand that you will now be a target once that happens. You have to really think if this is something you want for Beckett to.

I just looked at her in awe, i mean i just found out that Beckett could just possibly be my soul mate. But would i risk that life? Would i really want to put him in danger?

MOM: One more thing hun.

ME: Mom your killing me..what else is there?

MOM: Even if Becketts memories aren't awaken, by the time you reached your 18th birthday your memories will. You will see a life that will come to pass with Beckett.



ME: WHAT?! You mean to tell me even  if i decide to not tell him and let him be, i will still have all the memories and the agony of not being with him?

MOM: Im sorry honey, yes. thats how it is.

I ran off, up into my room and just cried. I can't believe what i now know. What was i going to do. My 18th birthday was only 1 month away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment