Thursday, April 26, 2012

Prologue

I was born into a very wealthy family that didn't care for much for the term "family". They cared more about appearances, labels, and money then actually being a real family. So its no surprise that the day of my parents funeral i shed a tear for the wrong reasons. You see they had been out at one of their famous hour spots in bridgeport and instead of staying at a hotel, dad decided he was ok to drive home. Well i guess he was wrong. And here we are...






I mean what kind of person am i? A person that only thinks of herself at this time? I was alone. No one in the world. All they had left me was money, and the house we lived in, thats it. Pffft they should have realized that i never cared for it.
After some time i must have fallen asleep, because what had happened next had to have been a dream....







voice---whats wrong?


me---wha..ho...who are you? (she certainly isn't from around here, for some reason those colors call to me)


voice---me? well I'm your fairy godmother who will grant you three wi...(starts laughing)..im Serenity Spectrum. Nice to meet you.


me---thats great and all but i don't know you and you just showed up in my house. what do you want? i'll the cops if you don't start answering.


Serenity---geez your sooo touchy Amethyst you need to chill out. God what has the family done to you. (she takes a long closer look at me) Oh sweetie the light in your soul is fading. (she looks at me with her sad eyes)


me---what the heck are you talking about?






Serenity---(lets out a deep sigh) Amethyst what i am about to tell you is going to be a shock. Honey, you are not part of this family. You belong to a most prominent race of people called the Berries. When you were born your parents had an unfortunate accident. I took you from that world and brought you here. I explained to your "parents" that it was important that they explain to you where you come from, for one day i would come back and give you a choice if you wanted to come with me.


me---(i looked at her dumbfounded) i...i don't know what to say..i always knew something was different but this..this is a lot to take in.


Serenity---I know sweetie. Your real parents come from sugar valley. Its a most wonderful town filled with all different types of berries. You would love it there. But ultimately it would be up to you..your parents left behind a plot of land with a simple house already built on it. You made add on to it as you see fit. It is yours now. And with the money your "parents" from here left you, i don't see that as a problem.


me---I see, i need sometime to think about it. Umm, I'm assuming you don't have a cell phone so how can i contact you. (i turned around from the window and she was gone) serenity?


Serenity's voice--dont worry sweetie, ill know when you have made that decision.






As i lay back down on the bed i started to think about everything she told me. Could i really be happy in another town? How would people react to me. A new comer. A new comer with money. uggh..i don't want them to think i am a snobbish person. (sigh) i don't know..and my soul..with the light fading..would it shine? And how do i know if its shining?



4 comments:

  1. This seems very interesting! I'm going to get caught up on the rest of chapters as soon as I can Lycena! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx =)..im really enjoying writing this story..perhaps too much lol..i find myself cooking or cleaning and then I'm like ooh this can happen to amethyst lol

      Delete
  2. I am intriqued with this beginning...I love this type of fiction one of my favorite genres. I will certainly keep reading..thanks so much for sharing this with our thread.

    ReplyDelete